Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Up-close and personal....


I manage to take a few close-up shots at the failities where I receive the treatment...

This is the room where I was seated to receive the treatment. It is a relatively small room with 2 sofa. There is an attached bathroom which is quite spacious and very clean too.








I was seated here at 11:30am. I am very glad I manage to connect to the hospital's free WiFi facilities so I can get connected online on my iPad, this is cool. Thanks to the great service by the front desk staffs Joe :)







There is a wall mounted LCD TV on the wall, but I am not interested to watch TV, I am happy with just my iPad.  :)













This is me, before receiving the RAI dose, looking relax?  Well I guess so.  ;)
At around 11:50am, Gayathi push in this tray and on top of the tray is the Radiaoctive Iodine capsule which is stored inside this container. There is a straw given which I am explained the straw is to be used to withdraw the capsure from the container. I believed it is not allowed to have direct contact with the capsule which contain radioactive element.
Gayathi opened the container and withdrawed the capsule which looks like any normal capsure and is yellow in color. I did not manage to take a photo of the capsule as I need to swollow it immediately, which I did, just like that, with a glass of water.
I asked that she hold on to the tray in allowing me to take some photos of the items :).  I then realized the container is really heavy, it is a metal container instead of a platic one which I thought it was earlier. I was explained the higher the dosage, the more heavy the container will be, oh wow!

Me, after taking the dose... Looking any different? No, I don't thinkg so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment